A website is your online storefront, an effective website design and online strategy is a crucial ingredient to achieve success in the business. Most web stores are informational giving details for the products stocked by a certain company. However there are web stores that actually sell products and you only need to order and pay online and the goods will be delivered to you.
People often overlook the importance of making an eCommerce website design look appealing and trustworthy to new customers. Developing a strong, secure foundation for an eCommerce website is paramount for everything else, however this by itself may not be enough to keep users on your site. Consider what the users feel about your website and how they come to conclusion that they can or can’t trust your site enough to give you their personal financial details.
The advancement of technology and easy navigability are the some of the main factors because of which online shopping has achieved great heights in World Wide Web.
Factors which have contributed to the growth of online shopping websites:
- Saving your money: Searching with regard to deals and also discounts through online purchasing websites isn’t a difficult task. Once if you recognize the best online shopping sites you can sign up using them so that you will not miss valuable deals offered for your time.
- Comparison of products: The comparison of product of different retailers at same time for price and quality is good idea and provides great benefit, which just isn’t possible while purchasing with the nearby shops.
- Secure Shopping: Internet shopping can be secure if you purchase things from trusted websites. It is necessary that you read the terms and conditions before doing online shopping. Just take care while entering credit card details and have enjoyment while shopping online.
- Convenience: If you work irregular hours or are very busy, then you probably don’t have the time to visit the store. Shopping online allows you to buy things without hurting your schedule
How to design effective ecommerce website?
- Keep Simple: Your website doesn’t need to be pretty, it needs to engage. Ensure that customers can browse, share and understand your products. The design of the product gallery should be easy to navigate and intuitive for the most part.
- Don’t force the users: Your ecommerce website should have an option of “Check out as guest”. Instead of making the users fill up all the personal information, your website should make them login via any social media account like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Noticeable call-to-action Button: When you have “add to cart” button on your website, the users are likely to have a look at other products after adding one product to the cart. When you have “buy it now” button, the users would be directed to the checkout page.
- Mobile and Tablet strategy: The world is going mobile. It is important to take sales from mobile, tablet and desktop–and not leave a bad taste in a shopper’s experience with a brand.
- Online Customer Service: Consider providing helpful hints during the buying process, an easy-to-understand exchange policy, clearly articulated and accessible content information, usage instructions and supplementary content.
- Contact Information: While designing an ecommerce website, make sure that your website has the contact information. If you hide the contact information, it may reduce customers’ trust in your brand. In order to win the users’ trust, you should also place a 24 X 7 customer service number.
Ecommerce websites have come a long way in the last few years, with most people who use the internet on a frequent basis having shopped online at least once before. The number of people shopping online has increased to 60 per cent in the past two years, with nearly nine out of 10 (more than 85 per cent) of the world’s web users logging on to internet to buy, according to new research.