Google announced a massive update to its maps app, with improved navigation instructions, new search options and even the ability to jump into the Uber app to order a ride.
- Google maps will now show you what lane you should stay in or move to during your journey.
- The ability to save and name multiple offline maps so you can dive into them as needed-for example, you could create an offline map of an entire city you’re about to visit for the first time so you don’t get lost in the event of crummy cell service.
- If you have the Uber app installed, you can compare your route with transit and walking directions directly from Google Maps.
- Ability to filter the restaurant, bar and hotel search by opening hours, price and rating.
- Ability to choose your destination and select a date for travel to provide you with the most accurate information.
The updated Google Maps for Android and iOS is available now in the App store and Google play
For more details on the Google Maps update, check out Google’s blog post on the new feature set.